The Young Belgian Scientists' main objective is to generate the taste for science to the youth without any form of elitism. Willing to contribute to the development and the scientific culture of the citizens-adults of tomorrow.
In this view, we organise trainings, workshops, camps, playgrounds, expos, for the youngsters willing to deepen their scientific knowledge or, simply, having some fun making science. Specific training activities are also organised for our future animators and teachers in a continuing education.
Youth organisation active since 1957, our organisation has taken up the challenge to develop attractive activities for young people to make them discovering the world through the scientific process and exploring the scientific process by observing the world! Our organisation is active at international level and a founding member of MILSET (the International Movement for Leisure Activities in Sciences and Technology).
Former training provider: Experimentarium (Xp) 2014-2017, www.experimentarium.be
|Training 1: Stratégies d'enseignement fondées sur l'investigation scientifique||February-March 2019||Bruxelles|
|Training 2: Stratégies d'enseignement fondées sur l'investigation scientifique||February-March 2019||Mons|
|Training 1: Stratégies d'enseignement fondées sur l'investigation scientifique||01/02/2018 et 20/04/2018||Bruxelles|
|Training 2: Stratégies d'enseignement fondées sur l'investigation scientifique||08/02/2018 et 24/04/2018||Mons|
|Training 3: Stratégies d'enseignement fondées sur l'investigation scientifique||22/02/2018 et 04/05/2018||Namur|
|Training 4: Challenge Labs||27/04/2018||Bruxelles|
|Training 5: Challenge Labs||20/04/2018||Liege|
|Training 1: Food for Science||-||Bruxelles|
|Training 2: Food for Science||26/01/2017; 21/04/2017||Bruxelles|
|Training 3: Food for Science||09/03/2017; 28/04/2017||Liege|
|Training 4: Food for Science||24/02/2017; 04/05/2017||Nivelles|
|Training 5: Food for Science||09/02/2017; 12/05/2017||Mons|
|Training 6: Food for Science||30/03/2017||Haute Ecole Robert Shuman (Virton)|
|Training 1: Food for Science||18/02/2016; 15/04/2016||Bruxelles|
|Training 2: Food for Science||26/02/2016; 12/05/2016||Bruxelles|
|Training 3: Food for Science||08/01/2016; 24/03/2016||Liege|
|Training 4: Food for Science||03/03/2016; 22/04/2016||Nivelles|
|Training 5: (Cancelled)||10/03/2016; 29/04/2016||Namur|
|Training 6: Food for Science||17-18/03/2016||Haute Ecole (Brussels)|
|Training 7: Food for Science||20/04/2016; 26/05/2016||Geel|
Training for Flemish teachers: 20th of April & 26th of May 2016
The ULB physics Expérimentarium and the "Culture in vivo" organization propose a free training course in Dutch to secondary science education teachers on 20th of April and 26th of May 2016.
Training Title: Food for Science
Location: GO! atheneum Geel, Technische-Schoolstraat 15, 2440 GEEL.
Tel: 014-58.00.31; Website http://www.gogeel.be; email@example.com
Link to register to the training: Registration process - Go to the Amgen Teach registration website:
1st Day Program (20 April 2016):
- 9h-9h30: Welcome to the participants. Prequestionnaire AMGEN.
- 9h30-10h: Introduction to IBSE (see "Didactisch dossier" included) and short discussion
- 10h-12h30: Lab 1: vacuum packing and food packaging
- 12h30-13h30: Lunch
- 13h30-15h30: Lab 2: Food biochemistry lab
- 15h30-16h: Presentation of new and different experimentation instruments along with special challenging lab activities.
- 16h-16h30: Comments on activities of the day.
2nd Day Program (26 May 2016): tbc following day one of the training and the content will be defined taking into account the feedback received from teachers joining the first day.
Content applied to all trainings:
2 days each training from 9h to 12h30 and from 13h30 to 16h30 (6.5 hours training each day).
- Prequestionnaire filling (30 min)
- presentation and first discussion on the IBSE objectives and methods (1 hour). See Fiche didactique.
- lab activity n°1 and discussion about the results and methods (2 hours)
- lab activity n°2 (2 hours)
- how to build an evaluation test on the lab activities of the day (1 hour)
- Discussion on how the IBSE activities of the first day have been tried with the teachers' classes. What are the difficulties ? What kind of assessment test of the IBSE methods have the teachers tried ? (1 hour)
- Lab n°3 (2.5 hours)
- Lab n°4 (2.5 hours)
- Post questionnaire filling (30 min)
- The Experimental activities will be related to Food for Science topics.
|Training 1||06/02/2015; 02/04/2015||Nivelles|
|Training 2||26/02/2015; 08/05/2015||Bruxelles|
|Training 3||06/03/2015; 07/05/2015||Liège|
|Training 4||03/04/2015; 04/06/2015||Namur|
|Training 5||23/04/2015; 05/06/2015||Arlon|
|Training 6||04/05/2015; 18/05/2015||Bruxelles|
|Training 7||24/07/2015; 30/07/2015||Bruxelles|