Amgen Teach supports STEM Discovery Week 2017!
In this regard, Amgen Teach invites you all to organise training activities during the STEM Discovery week and participate in the "STEM Professionals Go Back To School" (PGB2S) scheme, a STEM Alliance programme aiming to engage company professionals (technicians, engineers, researchers, employment managers, etc.) to visit schools and participate in collaborative activities. More info here.
One of the competitions in Scientix portal is to create your own STEM education-related event between 24 and 30 April. In this competition, there are two categories of events.
Category A: Bring an industry professional to school
Are you interested in organising an event with companies or the industry? If yes, you can use the new tool developed by the Professionals Go Back to School scheme of the STEM Alliance project! Use the tool to set-up your event and submit the information to us using the form scheme's tool! As soon as you are ready with your event, make sure you ALSO tell us about it by filling in the online form on this web page.
Category B: Any other STEM event
This category is open to all events that do not fall under the criteria used in Category A.
- Organise a poster presentation in a school on STEM
- Organise a visit to a company with your school
- Bring a researcher to your classroom
- Organise a visit to a science centre
- More ideas: Suggest another type of event on STEM Education and STEM Skills!
Additionally, you can choose whether or not you want to enter our competition with your event. If you do, make sure you tick the appropriate box in the online submission form. Scientix will award two participants in Category B, and STEM Alliance award one participant for each 50 eligible submissions.
Furthermore, the Amgen Teach training activities during STEM Discovery Week are the following:
- Training 3: Food for Science, Belgium (28/4) http://www.amgenteach.eu/belgium
- Bionanotechnology Workshop, Germany (25-26/4) http://www.amgenteach.eu/germany
- DLA #10 - STEM Discovery Week Session! http://www.amgenteach.eu/dla10
Join us by sharing your innovative ideas and actions to promote STEM subjects and careers with your pupils in the classroom and outside of the school!
See you at the #STEMDiscoveryWeek !